Thursday 10 January 2013

50 Cent Talks Timbaland's Involvement With SMS Audio, Philanthropy, Confirms February 26 Release Date For 'Street King Immortal' & More At CES 2013 [Video]


Video After The Jump
50 Cent is in Las Vegas at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show promoting SMS AudioMSN's Joseph Lee caught up with the business mogul to talk about his headphone line, Timbaland coming on board as an investor and how fast the company is growing.




"It feels great when you meet your projections," 50 joked, when asked how it feels to be CEO of SMS Audio. "We've had huge success. The touring in my music career has helped out a lot in the SMS venture because we've been able to launch in 46 countries over the last 2 years. I anticipated success, not as fast as it's actually taking off but sometimes you're surprised in a positive way."


50 said Timbaland became interested in investing in the company after falling in love with the special DJ edition headphones.

"He's just somebody that I actually respect. I play my music [and] use him as a soundboard to see how he responds to it," explained 50. "I sent him in a gift package the headsets from SMS Audio. And he starts to wear them in the studio, the DJ version of the headsets. He kind of fell in love with it and he had his investment guys sort out the possibilities of investing in the company. He invested and now he has equity ownership. He can help me in the decision making process while utilizing other acoustic engineers to get the highest sound quality possible."

50 goes on to talk about the charitable aspect of his business ventures and confirms hisStreet King Immortal album will be in stores on February 26th.

"I've worked on this album for 3 years," 50 said. "I've actually over-recorded it. I've recorded almost 70 songs for it. I'm going through a process right now where I have to cut records that I really love in order to meet different price points online that I know will be more effective sales wise. It's gonna be tough for me to get rid of some of the songs because I like them so much. In my head it has to be a certain way. I'm working on that process now. I'm happy with it... I'm excited."


No comments:

Post a Comment