Thursday 28 March 2013

Shocking words Francesco Totti 'Only Messi is better than me'



The veteran forward sees himself as one of the best ever, while he believes Mario Balotelli is not a phenomenon just yet

Roma legend Francesco Totti says only Barcelona star Lionel Messi is better than him in world football.

The 36-year-old, who has been linked with a return to the Italian national team following his fine form this season, has admitted that the Argentine forward is on another level, but is adamant that nobody else is a cut above him.


"There is only one player who is doing things that I could never do and that is Messi," Totti was quoted as saying by La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I do not think there is an Italian footballer who I would place above myself in a list, though. The numbers speak for themselves."

The experienced attacker then went on to praise Marcello Lippi, while he would love to work with Jose Mourinho at some point in the future.

He added: "For me, Lippi is the best coach I have ever worked with. He had such incredible charisma. But Fabio Capello and Luciano Spalletti are true greats as well.

"Who I would like to work with? Mourinho..."

Totti also had his say on AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli, and stressed that the former Manchester City attacker is not a phenomenon yet.

"I would say that he can become a phenomenon, but it all depends on his attitude and his behaviour. It's about the things you do outside the pitch, too."

No comments:

Post a Comment