Thursday 18 April 2013

Rita Ora Covers Elle Magazine. Talks Signing With Jay-Z & More [Photo Shoot Inside]


 Pics After The Jump
 Rita Ora is living out her dreams. The Kosovo born, British raised singer is signed toJay-Z's Roc Nation label and is getting ready to release her self-titled debut album in the U.S. soon.
 She looks lovely on the cover of Elle Magazine's "Women In Music" issue. Check out an excerpt from her cover story as well as photos from her shoot with Thomas Whiteside.


On never allowing her record label to dictate her style: "That should never be allowed! It’s like somebody telling you what to sing."
On scoring that red Marchesa gown she wore to the 2012 MTV Europe Music Awards: "I went up to [Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman] and said, 'Hi, I'm Rita. Nice to meet you. I need to wear your dress.' She was like, 'What dress?' They've got 10 million dresses. I said, 'Look, I have your dress as the screen saver on my phone. This red dress needs to be on my body.'"
On her childhood idols, the Spice Girls: "I just remember watching them – not even meeting them – and I was completely mesmerized. It feels great to meet someone who is not human, but is."
On her 2009 "big break" with artist Jay-Z who signed her to his label: "I didn't think in a million years that I'd fly to New York to meet one of the biggest music moguls of our time."







No comments:

Post a Comment