Sunday 21 October 2012

Halle Berry Covers New York Times T Style November 2012


With her new movie "Cloud Atlas" set to hit theaters on October 26th, Halle Berry continued promotions by covering the November 2012 issue of The New York Times T Style magazine.

The 46-year-old actress adorned herself in designer items such as Versace and Salvatore Ferragamo for the Cedric Buchet shot front page while opening up about everything from struggling to fit in during high school to dealing with the paparazzi.


A few highlights from Miss Berry's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to T Style!
On dealing with the paparazzi:
"They’re outside my house every morning. I get it about the celebrity stuff, It’s part of my job to recognize that there’s a certain part of my life the public wants to hear about. But it’s not O.K. that they’re doing terrible things to my daughter. One night, after they chased us, it took me two hours just to get her calmed down enough to get to sleep.”
On keeping herself grounded:
“I always felt like the underdog. Behind the eight ball. I learned not to be too high on the hog. Even that night I won the Oscar, I had a fundamental knowing, it was just a moment in time. Driving home that night, back to my house, I felt like Cinderella. I said, ‘When this night is over, I’m going back to who I was.’ And I did.”
On struggling with acceptance in High School:
"I always had to prove myself through my actions. Be a cheerleader. Be class president. Be the editor of the newspaper. It gave me a way to show who I was without being angry or violent. By the time I left school, I had a lot of tenacity. I’d turned things around.”

No comments:

Post a Comment